Mini Fajitas (vegan and vegetarian options too!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ cm/½ in chunks
- OR 1 ½ cups of red kidney beans cooked for vegetarian option
- 1 large pepper (yellow or red) deseeded
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 small corn or wholewheat tortillas
- Small handful of coriander
- Optional – Handful of shredded mozzarella (omit for vegan)
For the guacamole dip
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned and peeled
- Juice 1 large lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 heaped tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Cut the chicken and peppers into ½ inch chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken and peppers for 2 mins. (Omit chicken for a vegetarian option and just stir-fry the peppers.
- Add the spices (chili powder and ground coriander) and cook for 30 secs while stirring.
- Add the chipotle sauce and chopped tomatoes, simmer for 5 mins or until the sauce is nice and thick, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the spring onions and cook for 1 more minute then remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 F (180C).
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocado and mixing all the ingredients together.
- To serve, grab a tortilla, top with the fajita mix you just made, scoop up some guacamole and top with cheese (optional).